MACo’s Summer Conference will cover a variety of topics highlighting the ways counties serve Marylanders and exploring solutions to local governance challenges.
One of those sessions, moderated by the State’s Attorney General, Anthony Brown, will discuss how to protect retail businesses from crime. Counties are very invested in both their local economies and public safety, so an in-depth discussion on this important topic will be a can’t-miss event!
Title: Minding the Store: Combatting Crime at the Retail Level
Description: Marylanders are increasingly getting back to Main Street for work, play, and commerce. Hometown retail businesses face an array of challenges, including property theft and associated crime. This panel will include Maryland leaders who are facing this crisis head-on. Moderated by the Attorney General, his office’s Organized Crime Unit and leaders from the retail business community will discuss efforts to strengthen and protect this backbone of local economies – and where county and community leaders can play a part.
- Cailey Locklair, President, Maryland Retailers Association, Maryland Chain Drug Stores and the Maryland Food Industry Council
- J. Charles Smith III, States Attorney Frederick County and President, National District Attorney Association
- Gerald D’Angelo, Corporate Investigator, The Home Depot
Moderator: The Honorable Anthony Brown, Attorney General, State of Maryland
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2023; 10:30 am – 11:30 am
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD from August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where The Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
Questions? Contact Virginia White