MACo’s Summer Conference, “Water, Water Everywhere,” is fast approaching. More than 2,500 individuals are expected to participate on August 15-18, 2018, at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD.
EARLY REGISTRATION BROCHURE | ONLINE REGISTRATION | MORE INFO
This year’s conference will focus on the importance of water. From the health of the Bay and our waterways to the infrastructure, treatment, and regulations that ensure safe and healthy water flows through our pipes, county governments are keeping our residents afloat. This conference will highlight all the ways counties work with water. Sessions will discuss the Bay, water infrastructure, watermen and oyster/fishery/habitat issues, floods and other natural disasters, and ways to put the wind back in the sails of a tight budget.
Early registration details are available now. The full brochure – with all schedule, session titles, and description details – will be available soon.
For now, here’s a sampling of what we’ll talk about at “Water, Water Everywhere”:
Wednesday Tech Sessions:
- Surf’s Up! Small Cell Tsunami
- All Hands on Deck: Cybersecurity for County Governments
- Anchor Your Local Economy with Biotech
- Still Waters Run Deep: Dive Into Your Dark Data Potential
Wednesday Academy for Excellence in Local Governance Core Sessions:
- When It Rains, It Pours: Crisis Communications for Counties
Thursday and Friday Affiliate Sessions:
(These workshops are hosted by MACo’s Affiliate Members – organizations of county professionals)
- Batten Down the Hatches! Weathering a Water Crisis
- Boxed Out? Criminal History Checks and County Employment
- Calibrating the Compass: GIS in a Next Gen 9-1-1 World
- Charting the Next Course for the Bay TMDL
- Conduit Street LIVE! A Live Recording of MACo’s Podcast
- Earth, Wind, Fire, WATER: Powering Your County’s Future
- Getting Your Feet Wet: Big Benefits of Water Recreation
- Good to the Last Drop: Keeping Your Water Clean
- Green Is the New Black
- Handle with Care: Substance Exposed Newborns
- Like a Bridge Over Troubled Water: Know Your Water Law
- MACo Book Club: “Trying Hard Is Not Good Enough”
- Navigating Murky Waters: Predicting Unpredictable Revenue Streams
- Putting Our Best Food Forward: A Sea of Possibilities
- Rising Tides of Rural Health Care
- Smart Growth Next: How Do We Grow From Here?
- Surviving the Stormwater Surge: MS4 Permit Update
- Turn the Tide with Demographics: 2020 Census and the Senior Boom
- X Marks the Spot: A Treasure Trove of Stormwater Solutions
Friday General Sessions:
- Clear Water: The State of the Bay
- The Wealth in Our Water
- Ready, Set, GROW! Procurement Connections Workshop
Saturday General Sessions:
- Active Shooter Response Training
- Angling for Educational Excellence: Kirwan 2.0
- Gubernatorial Candidates Forum
MACo’s Summer Conference features many other activities and events you won’t want to miss!
WEDNESDAY TECH EXPO
Co-hosted by the Maryland Tech Council, this one-day event features an exhibit show of 60 technology vendors demonstrating tech products and services. Three educational sessions bring a “deep dive” aspect to technology topics and challenges facing all county governments.
250 booths will house commercial, state, federal, and nonprofit organizations looking to partner with YOU! From healthcare to communications, sports lighting to supplemental insurance, pest control to retirement solutions…and everything in between!…MACo’s exhibit hall has something for everyone on your team.
MACo’s Summer Conference brings you many opportunities to interact with other decision-makers from all levels of government and the private sector. Thursday’s Taste of Maryland Reception highlights food and beverages produced locally in our counties – 800+ people attend to enjoy tasting samples and learn more about our counties’ tourism and economic development initiatives. MACo’s Governor’s Cabinet Reception gives attendees the chance to connect with the Governor, Lt. Governor, and State Secretaries in a casual environment. The Crab Feast – always a highlight! – provides a fun atmosphere with all-you-can-eat MARYLAND blue crabs and picnic fare, our official Crab Feast Band (The Klassix), and Lollipop the Clown.
GUBERNATORIAL CANDIDATES FORUM
During an election year, MACo hosts a forum to give our members the chance to ask county-specific questions of the two top candidates for Governor. We’ll ask for your input – don’t miss this opportunity to ask the questions you need answered before election day!
Heard enough? Register online today!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference: