Maryland’s federal facilities play a significant role in the local economy, creating jobs and generating tax revenue. To learn more about these federal facilities and their county effects, attend the MACo Summer Conference session titled “Maryland’s Federal Footprint – Counties Hosting Major Federal Sites.” Session details are below.
Description: With its geographic proximity and strategic advantages, Maryland plays host to extraordinary federal facilities – major agencies, secure locations, and a tremendous military and intelligence presence. Panelists will discuss the impact of these large centers of activity and employment on infrastructure, community, and public services. What relationships, planning, and outreach make for the best local harmony? A Maryland congressional leader will join several speakers with views from various parts of the state to review and discuss best practices and lessons learned.
- The Honorable Dutch Ruppersberger, Congressman, U.S. House of Representatives
- Judith A. Kain Emmel, Associate Director for State, Local and Community Relations, National Security Agency
- Jill M. McClune, President, Army Alliance, Aberdeen Proving Ground; Vice President, Contracts and Federal Compliance, Avon Protection Systems
- Robert Wirt, Executive Director, Southern Maryland Navy Alliance
Moderator: The Honorable Steve Schuh, Anne Arundel County Executive
Date/Time: Saturday, August 15, 2015; 9:30 am – 11:00 am
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- List of Current Exhibitors
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
- #MACoCon on Twitter
For a schedule of educational sessions at MACo’s Summer Conference, please view the Registration Brochure.
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.