To become more energy-efficient and save on energy costs, counties are partnering with the private sector to build solar generating facilities and many other green initiatives.
To learn more about how to leverage private sector investments to save on energy costs attend the MACo Summer Conference session titled “Leveraging Private Investment to Capitalize Energy Improvements.” Information about the session is below.
Description: Savvy leaders across the country are learning how to leverage private sector investments to “green” facilities and save on energy costs. Find out how your county can successfully use “green bank” lending programs and take advantage of public private partnerships to retain local debt capacity. Speakers will discuss Energy Performance Contracting and Power Purchase Agreements, examine innovative approaches to finance school renovations, and showcase model projects that use Commercial Property Assessed Clean Energy (CPACE) lending.
- Wyatt Shifflet, Director of Finance Programs, Maryland Clean Energy Center
- David Lever, Executive Director, Public School Construction Program
- Laura Franke, Managing Director, Public Financial Management, Inc.
- Mike Dow, Esq.; Womble Carlyle Sandridge & Rice LLP
Moderator: The Honorable Sallie Jameson, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Wednesday, August 12, 2015; 12:00 pm – 1:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for help with registration)
- Online Registration
- Discounted Hotels List
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form