The MACo Winter Conference panel, “Education Reform: The Blueprint for the Blueprint,” will examine Blueprint implementation, challenges that remain, and where Maryland is landing as it tries to reach the landmark law’s goals for public education.
At the MACo Winter Conference general session, “Education Reform: The Blueprint for the Blueprint,” county and state leaders in education will examine Blueprint implementation, challenges that remain, and where Maryland is landing as it tries to reach the landmark law’s goals for public education. Speakers include representatives of key partnerships, county officials working closely “on the ground” to implement the education reform law, and other leaders.
Education Reform: The Blueprint for the Blueprint
Maryland’s landmark education reform law known as “The Blueprint” envisioned historical changes and investments in the state’s public schools. Now into implementation, the plan is still evolving and reality is setting in − sometimes leaving counties and school systems seeking a blueprint to the “The Blueprint.” Where is Maryland in reaching goals for teacher advancement, improved special education delivery, early childhood education, and the full range of goals in the Blueprint? And what are the means to still bring about these outcomes with challenging budgets at both the State and local levels? Speakers in this panel will tackle these questions and more.
- Clarence Crawford, Chair, Maryland State Board of Education (invited)
- Tara Jackson, Chief Administrative Officer, Prince George’s County (confirmed)
- Jack Wilson, Queen Anne’s County Commissioner and MACo Education Subcommittee Chair (confirmed)
- Moderator: The Honorable Guy Guzzone, Chair, Senate Budget and Taxation Committee (invited)
- Date/Time: Friday, December 8, 2023, 8:30 am – 9:30 am
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos