During the MACo Winter Conference panel, Leveraging Federal Infrastructure Funds: A Conversation with MDOT, panelists will discuss resources to support county grant submissions and preview upcoming federal discretionary grant opportunities.
The federal government’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law (BIL) is a multigenerational opportunity that counties cannot afford to take advantage of. Under this multiyear program, various federal departments are directing investment into county infrastructure – aiming to boost American productivity and efficiency.
- Title: Leveraging Federal Infrastructure Funds: A Conversation with MDOT
- Description: The nearly $2 trillion in Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) and the Inflation Reduction Act (IRA) funding represent a generational opportunity to invest in Maryland’s transportation, energy, and environmental infrastructure. In this session, the Maryland Department of Transportation (MDOT) will provide an overview of its resources to support county grant submissions and will preview upcoming federal discretionary grant opportunities of interest to Maryland counties in calendar year 2024.
- Michelle Martin, Deputy Director, Office of Planning and Capital Programming, MDOT (invited)
- Jeff Stockdale, Deputy Director, Federal Affairs, MDOT (invited)
- Sean Winkler, Manager, Federal Infrastructure Strategy, MDOT (invited)
- Moderator: The Honorable Nick Allen, Maryland House of Delegates (invited)
- Date/Time: Wednesday, December 6, 2023; 3:00 pm – 4:00 pm
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Eye of the Storm,” is scheduled for December 6-8, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD. More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos