Public libraries’ traditional services have been dramatically expanded over the years, as evidenced by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Libraries not only provide reading materials, they now offer informational services, educational programs, social services, economic and workforce development programming, and community meeting spaces. Today, Maryland‘s libraries are also community centers, job hubs, skill development centers, arts, and recreational spaces, and so much more!
Books and Beyond: Libraries of the 21st Century
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference panel, “Books and Beyond: Libraries of the 21st Century,” will feature leaders in innovation in public library programming and services; they will explore how county leaders can best support their local library systems’ new and expanding roles.
- Andrea Berstler, Executive Director, Carroll County Public Library System (confirmed)
- Natalie Edington, Chief Customer Experience Officer, Baltimore County Public Library System (confirmed)
- Irene M. Padilla, State Librarian (confirmed)
- Heidi Daniel, President and CEO, Enoch Pratt Library Systems (confirmed)
Moderator: The Honorable Cheryl Kagan (confirmed)
Date/Time: Friday, August 18, 2023; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, on August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White