Last call on Clean School Bus Rebate Applications, deadline August 19th.
In a continued push by the federal government to reduce emissions, the EPA announced a last call for applications for the Clean School Bus (CBS) Rebates Program. School bus operators have until August 19th to submit applications. $500 million has been set aside for the program, which is aimed at helping school bus operators phase out older high pollution-producing models for clean and zero-emission buses. The Clean School Bus Rebates application is designed to be simple, does not require matching funds, and allows for funds to be awarded before the purchase of the buses.
- August 19th: Local governments have until August 19th to submit applications.
- October 18th: Roughly around this date applicants should be notified if they will be receiving a rebate.
- Models to be replaced must be 2010 or older diesel-powered school buses that will be scrapped if selected for funding.
- New buses must be have a battery-electric, CNG, or propane drivetrain; and be model year 2021 or newer.
Applicants requesting funds to replace school buses that serve high-need school districts, low-income areas, rural districts, and Bureau of Indian Affairs funded school districts will be offered more funding per bus and receive preference in the selection process in the 2022 Clean School Bus Rebates program. However, the EPA strongly encourages all eligible applicants, regardless of prioritization status, to apply.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White