As the climate changes, public policy must adapt to meet new challenges and ensure a liveable future.
Leaders in Maryland’s General Assembly take seriously the notion of climate change and stand ready to meet this challenge head-on. The most recent 2022 legislative session saw the passage of historic legislation aimed at reducing the state’s environmental impact. Many are now asking what’s next on the Old Line State’s climate agenda.
Title: On the Horizon – The Future of Maryland Environmental Policy
Description: During the 2021 and 2022 legislative sessions, Maryland’s General Assembly showed a high level of interest in passing progressive environmental legislation. The Climate Solutions Now Act of 2022 was the latest and largest in a series of ambitious environmental bills. This session explores recent legislation, policy implementation, and looks at what to expect going forward.
- Senator Paul Pinsky, Chair of the Education, Health, Environmental Affairs Committee
- Delegate Kumar Barve, Chair of the Environment and Transportation Committee
Moderator: Calvin Ball, Howard County Executive
Date/Time: Friday, August 19, 2022; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions?Contact Virginia White