MACo’s Summer Conference is coming up August 18-21, 2021, and is completely IN-PERSON at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD. Join us for insightful and beneficial sessions focusing on local government challenges and priorities.
As businesses, schools, and government agencies took their efforts online out of necessity during the pandemic, the gaps and fissures in crisis communications were highlighted. The following session at MACo’s 2021 Summer Conference will discuss how local governments can be prepared to communicate in any crisis (weather, public health, or other) and keep their residents informed:
Crisis Communications: Ensuring Residents Are Ready
Effective communication becomes even more important in a crisis when the health and safety of residents is on the line. Email, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, websites – in the age of technology, these methods serve as an excellent source to provide widespread information in a quick and effective manner to local citizens. However, reaching residents who do not have access to reliable internet remains a challenge. COVID-19 exposed a significant gap in communications and the way in which citizens receive their information. With an urgency to be the trusted and leading source for information, learn how local governments can close this gap with creative communication methods.
- Brittany Arizmendi, Public Relations Coordinator, Washington County Government
- Chas Eby, Deputy Director, Maryland Emergency Management Agency
- Adam Abadir, Director of Communications, Baltimore City Health Department
Date/Time: Thursday, August 19, 2021; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
View the brochure for the full schedule and details on sessions being offered at this year’s conference!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Full Schedule Details and Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Pricing and Online Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White