Opioid abuse has become a serious threat to public safety in Maryland. Law enforcement officers on local, state, and regional levels are working to stem the flow of illicit opioids into the state and put an end to drug-related violence. Efforts to curb opiate-related deaths include some jurisdictions training first-responders to carry life-saving drugs to help stop an overdose. In part two of this two-part session, participants will learn more about what is currently being done from a public safety perspective to combat the opioid epidemic across Maryland jurisdictions.
- Major James R. Pyles, Commander, Northern Command, Criminal Enforcement Division, Maryland State Police
- Glen Fueston, Director of the Investigative Support Center (ISC), Washington/Baltimore, High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA)
- Kevin Davis, Chief of Police, Anne Arundel County Police Department
Moderator: The Honorable David Rudolph, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, August 14, 2014; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
Learn more about MACo’s 2014 Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Reduced Hotel Rates List
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration Form
- Conduit Street Coverage of MACo’s Summer Conference
Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White with questions about Summer Conference.