MACo’s Summer Conference is coming up August 18-21, 2021, and is completely IN-PERSON at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD. Join us for insightful and beneficial sessions focusing on local government challenges and priorities.
MACo’s Human Services Affiliate presents the following session as part of MACo’s 2021 Summer Conference:
Reaching Troubled Kids, 2 Generations at a Time
Description: Maryland has developed a series of structures designed to serve children – the latest expanding that view to think about two generations at a time, aka “2 GEN.” Legislation creates a framework, but the real effect must happen locally in order to break down silos of agency focus and address the holistic needs of the entire household. Legislative and implementation perspectives will join together on this panel to talk through a new look at children’s services and how we can target better and more lasting results from our investments, two generations at a time.
- Christina Church, Two-Generation Program Officer/Special Assistant to the Secretary, Department of Human Services
- Cecelia Knox, Prince George’s County Community College
- Courtney Thomas-Winterberg, Director, Allegany County Department of Social Services
- Jenifer Dubosq, Director, Dorchester County Department of Social Services
Moderator: The Honorable Jason Buckel, Maryland House of Delegates (invited)
Date/Time: Thursday, August 19, 2021; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
View the brochure for the full schedule and details on sessions being offered at this year’s conference!
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Full Schedule Details and Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Pricing and Online Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White