The Baltimore County Liquor Board voted to extend temporary allowances for establishments to offer limited “to go” options including alcoholic beverages.
In hopes that pandemic-related triggers such as the statewide emergency declaration would be lifted with improving health trends, the General Assembly this year authorized local jurisdictions to extend “to go” cocktail service beyond the limited provisions of the emergency.
Baltimore County, by a vote of its liquor board, has joined the list of jurisdictions continuing the practice.
Baltimore County’s liquor board Monday agreed unanimously to bring back to-go mixed drinks immediately.
“In the year-and-a-half we’ve done this, we have not encountered any problems,” said Mike Mohler, the liquor board’s chief administrator.
He said he knew of no opposition to bringing back to-go cocktails. In some parts of the country, owners of liquor stores have opposed them because of the competition, but Mohler said that is not the case here.
Alcohol delivery is only one of a potential wave of policy/service areas that many governments will consider for the post-pandemic period… based on lessons learned and experiences through the COVID duration.
At MACo’s Summer Conference, a breakout session will focus directly on this theme:
- Are Some Pandemic Quick Fixes Here to Stay? A Longer-Term Look at Short-Term Solutions
- Description: Without a doubt, some adaptations arising from the pandemic will “stick” and become part of a new normal. What started as a band-aid now feels…essential? Where can we be smarter and more efficient than before? Panelists will walk through changes for the better that may stay in Maryland, and elsewhere, as we head toward a new normal. Plus…bring your own ideas and suggestions to discuss as part of a post-panel discussion.
- Date/Time: Thursday, August 19, 2021; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The MACo Summer Conference will be held August 18-21 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, Maryland. This year’s theme is “Resilient. Responsive…Ready.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Full Schedule Details and Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration (early rate deadline: July 16)
- Exhibitor Pricing and Online Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White