The statewide board tasked with overseeing implementation of the landmark Blueprint for Maryland’s Future is accepting applications to fill a vacancy.
The Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board (AIB) is tasked with overseeing the implementation of Maryland’s major education policy reform initiative known as the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future.
The AIB currently has a vacancy for one member, left when Fagan Harris resigned his seat to join the Moore-Miller Administration as Moore’s Chief of Staff. Harris was set to serve as one of the seven AIB members through July 2024.
On February 10, the AIB launched an application process to fill Harris’ seat. A completed application and resume must be submitted to the Nominating Committee by 8:00 p.m. on February 24, 2023.
Application process and timeline:
- Visit the AIB Nominating Committee webpage
- On the main page, click the link in the pale blue box to find the instructions to apply, including:
- Email completed application and resume to the AIB Nominating Committee at AIBNominatingCommittee@mlis.state.md.us.
- Application and resume must be saved as separate pdf files
- Attach both pdf files to a single email
- The subject line must say APPLICATION and your name
- Due by 8:00 p.m. on February 24, 2023
- For questions or technical assistance, please contact staff at AIBNominatingCommittee@mlis.state.md.us or 410-946-5510
- Applicant to receive email confirmation of completed application and resume within one business day
- References to be provided to the Committee on request
- Candidates may be contacted to schedule interviews with the Committee
- Slate of nominees to be announced by Committee by mid-March (at two nine nominees required)
- Governor has 30 days to select one member from slate of nominees
- Confidentiality: Only the names of the individuals who are nominated by the Committee will be made public. All information submitted by applicants will remain confidential and will not be subject to public disclosure.
- Suggested Candidates: The Committee will only be accepting and considering applications from individuals who are applying for a position themselves. If you have a suggestion for a candidate, please send the individual a link to the Committee website or the application packet.
- Public Comment: To send a public comment to the Committee, please click the link “Public Comments” under the “Resources” box on the Committee’s webpage. All public comments will be forwarded to the members for their consideration.