On Wednesday, April 27th, Carroll County’s Bureau of Aging and Disabilities will celebrate its 50th anniversary from 10am to 2pm on the campus of the Bureau of Aging & Disabilities and Westminster Senior & Community Center at 125 Stoner Avenue in Westminster.
The Bureau invites all county residents, colleagues and partners to join the event. According to a press release, festivities will include the following:
- Walk Carroll event with the Partnership for a Healthier Carroll County
- Seated yoga and line dancing demonstrations with the Department of Recreation and Parks
- Tours and information on all aging programs and services provided by the Bureau
- Fraud and Scam Prevention presentations offered by the Carroll County State’s Attorney’s Office
- COVID-19 Vaccine/Booster clinic with the Carroll County Health Department
- Opportunities to win exclusive prizes through free raffles and bingo
- Musical entertainment
AARP representatives will be on-site to officially welcome Carroll County into AARP’s Age-Friendly Community Network. The AARP Age-Friendly Community initiative is a 5+ year commitment that will engage all citizens to help inform the roadmap that will drive the evolution of Carroll County into a livable community where residents of all ages and abilities are able to thrive through civic, economic, and social connection.
For more information on this event please contact the Carroll County Bureau of Aging & Disabilities at 410-386-3800 or visit our website at www.carrollcountymd.gov/aging-and-disabilities.