During a live forum, panelists provided updates on state and local budgets and revenue forecasts, along with strategies for how counties can best prepare for future fiscal uncertainties.
During the MACo’s Summer Series session “Back to Basics – Retooling Your Budget in Times of Crisis” state and local budget experts discussed the fiscal ramifications of an economy badly battered by the coronavirus pandemic, looked ahead to the next session of the Maryland General Assembly, and shared strategies for how counties can best weather economic crises.
Following the presentations, audience members were able to engage in a lively virtual Q&A with the panelists.
- The Honorable Maggie McIntosh, Chair, Appropriations Committee, Maryland House of Delegates
- Ted Zaleski, Director of Management & Budget, Carroll County
- Andy Schaufele, Director, Senior Account Executive, ASR Analytics
The session was held live on August 5, 2020, and a recording is available to individuals registered for MACo’s Summer Series.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Series:
- Schedule and Session Details
- Online Registration
- Registration Rates (FREE for County Officials/Employees)
- Questions? Contact Virginia White