MACo’s Winter Conference is just one week away – Dec 4-6. Don’t miss this chance to connect with hundreds of county leaders to discuss “Building for the Future.”
Climate change has become an increasing concern for many jurisdictions in Maryland. MACo’s Planners will host a session at the upcoming Winter Conference to discuss the role of local government in combatting climate change and give updates on the State’s objectives.
- Title: What’s the Plan? Meeting Our Climate Change Goals
- Time: Wednesday, December 4, 1:45 pm – 2:45 pm
- Description: Maryland has committed to reducing its greenhouse gas emissions by 40% by 2030 and the state has developed a Greenhouse Gas Reduction Act (GGRA) plan outlining how the state and local governments will meet this goal. The plan includes new energy, land use, transportation, building, and carbon sequestration requirements. Panelists will outline the plan and discuss the impacts for county governments.
- Benjamin Grumbles, Secretary of the Environment, Maryland Department of the Environment
- David Smedick, Beyond Coal Campaign and Policy Representative, Sierra Club of MD
- Colby Ferguson, Director of Government Relations, Maryland Farm Bureau
- Moderator: The Honorable Reuben Collins, Commissioner President, Charles County
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: