A general session at MACo’s upcoming Winter Conference will focus on clean energy, and all the opportunities and challenges that come with our commitment to embrace and harness it.
- Title: Clean and Green: Charting Maryland’s Energy Future
- Time: Wednesday, December 5, 9:00 – 10:15 am
- Description: Maryland’s energy paradigm is shifting away from reliance on fossil fuels and towards renewable (solar and wind) and zero-carbon (nuclear and hydro) power sources. This transformation will require changes in land use, fiscal planning, and our power grid. Panelists will discuss new legislative and regulatory energy requirements and what they mean for county governments.
- Ben Grumbles, Secretary of the Environment, Maryland Department of the Environment
- Gregory Snook, Chair, Task Force on Renewable Energy Development and Siting and President/CEO, Hagerstown/Washington County Industrial Foundation
- Kristen Harbeson, Political Director, Maryland League of Conservation Voters
- Moderator: The Honorable John Olszewski, Baltimore County Executive
The 2019 MACo Winter Conference, “Building for the Future,” will be held on December 4-6, 2019, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, Maryland.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: