MACo’s Winter Conference is just 2 weeks away – Dec 4-6. Don’t miss this chance to connect with hundreds of county leaders to discuss “Building for the Future.”
County parks and rec trails…they’re not just for walking and jogging anymore. MACo’s Parks & Recreation Directors will host a session at the upcoming Winter Conference to discuss the increased multi-use demands on county trails and how that use is evolving to meet current trends.
- Title: Sharing the Trail: Bicycles, Pedestrians, and Now…E-Scooters?!?
- Description: County and state parks continue to expand bicycle and pedestrian access and trail interconnectivity in response to ongoing public demand. However, trails are about to get more crowded as there is increasing public demand to use electric bicycles and scooters. Learn how parks and rec departments are addressing bike and pedestrian needs as well as emerging trends such as E-Scooters and E-Bikes.
- Stephen Lafferty, Chief Sustainability Officer, Office of the County Executive, Baltimore County
- Jon Korin, Chair, Anne Arundel County Bicycle Advisory Commission and President, Bicycle Advocates for Annapolis and Anne Arundel County
- Miti Figueredo, Deputy Director, M-NCPPC/Montgomery Parks
- Moderator: The Honorable Randy Guy, President, Commissioners of St. Mary’s County
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 2019; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Late registration rates begin on 11/23, so register today for lowest available rates!
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!
- Questions? Contact Virginia White