Obviously, The Commission on Innovation and Excellence in Education (Kirwan Commission) is a big deal right now. With recommendations from the Funding Formula Workgroup finalized and the full Commission’s last scheduled meeting creeping up later this month, there is no better time to join MACo’s Winter Conference Session, Breaking Down the Blueprint: School Funding in Focus during #MACoCon. Join our panelists in deep diving into exactly what this whole Commission is about and what it means for the future.
- Title: Breaking Down the Blueprint: School Funding in Focus
- Description: As the generational debate about school funding continues, join our panel for a hearty discussion on Kirwan – its goals, steps, accountability, and costs. Panelists will examine the recommendations that came out of the Commission, how they will translate to legislation in the 2020 Session, what our schoolchildren could expect from this new approach, and the budgetary reality for Maryland’s counties.
- Craig Rice, Council Member, Montgomery County Council
- Barry Glassman, County Executive, Harford County
- Joy Schaefer, Vice President, Board of Education of Frederick County
- Date/Time: Thursday, December 5, 2019; 10:30 am – 11:30 am
- Location: Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Resort, Cambridge, MD
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: