MACo’s Gold Corporate Partner Chesapeake Employers’ Insurance Company, is hosting several important free employer and employee trainings over the next few weeks.
Thursday, Oct. 31, 2019, 8:30 am to 1 pm, Frederick Clarion Inn
Learn how Chesapeake Employers’ specialists work with you to help control premium costs. These will be free, half-day seminars for policyholders, employers, and agents.
Presentation topics include:
- Update on Maryland Employment Laws, including Medical Marijuana Drug Testing
- Safety Services – New Hire Orientation
- Understanding the Premium Audit Process
- Claims Overview:
- Six Steps to Effective Claims Management
- Pre-existing Conditions and Comorbidities – “Take Them as They Are”
- Health Services – Review Health Services Department’s Capabilities, including integration of Medical Management into Claims
- Life of a Claim: An Employer’s Perspective
- Mock Workers’ Compensation Hearing with a Maryland Workers’ Comp. Commissioner
To register, visit their website.
Wednesday, Nov. 6, 2019, 8:30 am to 10:00 am, Prince George’s Community College
Active shooter incidents in the community and the workplace can happen anywhere. Would you know how to respond during a crisis? Learn how to prepare for and respond to an active shooter incident.
- Common sense disaster response planning
- Best practices to reduce casualties and increase chance of survival
- Situational awareness
- Three stages of disaster response
- Avoid, Deny, Defend ™
- When the Police respond
This seminar is free to attend. Seating is limited and registration is required. Full breakfast included.
They are also holding an Occupational First Aid, Adult CPR and AED Training for employees of policyholders only. More information can be found on their website.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!