Frustrated with the opioid crisis? Proud of a program you are running that is making a difference? Want to learn more about what others are doing? Attend the MACo Winter Conference Opioid Roundtable to discuss challenges and solutions with your peers.
Opioid Roundtable: What’s Working? What’s Not? And What’s Next?
Description: Fighting the opioid epidemic is a major priority for all Maryland counties and for the nation itself. While some programs are finding slow-but-steady success, others are still struggling to gain ground. All conference participants are invited to attend this session to discuss what’s working, what’s not, and how counties can learn from each to help Marylanders fight substance use challenges.
Facilitator: Nastassia Walsh, Program Manager, National Association of Counties (NACo)
- Steve Schuh, Executive Director, Opioid Operational Command Center (OOCC)
- Birch Barron, Deputy Director, Opioid Operational Command Center (OOCC)
- Crista Taylor, Executive Director, Behavioral Health Systems Baltimore (BHSB)
- Howard Ashkin, President, Maryland Association for the Treatment of Opioid Dependence (MATOD)
- Vickie Walters, Executive Director, REACH Health Services, Institutes for Behavior Resources (IBR)
Date/Time: Friday, January 4, 2019; 12:15 pm – 1:30 pm
The MACo Winter Conference will be held January 2-4, 2019 at the Hyatt in Cambridge, Maryland. This year’s theme is, “Charting the Course.”
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Attendee Registration
- Hotel Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- See what it’s like!
Questions? Contact Member Services Director Virginia White.