Lots of attention from the state, local governments and private sector has been given to manufacturers or craft breweries, wineries and distilleries lately. For good reason: these agritourism destinations provide significant benefit not only in terms of job creation and economic development, but also in terms of residents’ quality of life. Learn about how your county can encourage their development and retention at this year’s MACo Summer Conference.
I’ll Drink To That: Crafting Jobs with Breweries, Distilleries and Wineries
Counties are cultivating new jobs and economic benefits from craft breweries, distilleries and wineries throughout the state. These unique manufacturers flourish in business-friendly environments with local codes and regulations which strike the right balance between promoting industry and maintaining community character and residents’ quality of life. During this session, participants will learn how to encourage growth in this booming industry and all the benefits it has to offer.
- Kevin Atticks, Founder, Grow and Fortify
- Shelby Watson-Hampton, Director, Southern Maryland Agricultural Development Commission
- Kelly Slagle, Director of Economic Development, Calvert County Government
- Hank Abromson, Counsel, Miles & Stockbridge
Moderator: The Honorable Addie Eckardt, Maryland Senate
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2017; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
MACo’s Summer Conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year’s theme is “You’re Hired!”.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- SPLASH DASH 5K (your county could win $5000 for charity)
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com