Counties are working hard to promote strong workforce development programs. They operate or partner with programs that provide a holistic approach to helping vulnerable residents overcome barriers and prepare for and find good paying jobs. Learn more about how counties and nonprofit agencies are empowering citizens and boosting the workforce at the 2017 MACo Summer Conference.
Second Chance for Workplace Success – A Good Program is Good for Your County
Description: Programs to provide workforce development are the foundation of a healthy economy. County social services agencies are championing workforce development by assisting low wage workers and job seekers with their employment-related challenges; from job coaching, training, and apprenticeships to family counseling, case management, expungements, and personal presentation. By preparing these individuals to succeed in the workforce, public and private programs are working together to develop a community built on self-reliant individuals. Results from these programs often include decreased costs for county governments, and – more importantly – a diversified and healthy community thriving in a more economically stable environment. This session will showcase innovative practices counties and communities are using to incentivize, train, and support many of Maryland’s vulnerable and overlooked residents.
- D. Michael Piercy, Jr., LCSW-C, Director, Washington County Department of Social Services
- Melissa Jones-Harris, Child Support Lead Supervisor, Caroline County Department of Social Services
- Carnitra D. White, Director, Anne Arundel Department of Social Services
- Caryn York, Director of Policy and Strategic Partnerships, Job Opportunities Task Force (JOTF)
Moderator: The Honorable Cory McCray, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2017; 2:00 pm – 3:00 pm
The MACo summer conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year’s theme is “You’re Hired!”.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- SPLASH DASH 5K (your county could win $5000 for charity)
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com