MACo’s Summer Conference will be August 16-19, 2017. The theme is “You’re Hired!” and sessions will focus on economic development and ways counties can contribute to job growth in Maryland. Part of that discussion will focus on the “sharing economy” and how that affects the tourism industry. In a session exploring these issues, participants will hear perspectives from a large county, the hotel industry, and Airbnb.
The New Look Vacation: Opportunities & Responsibilities in the Sharing Economy
The sharing economy is revolutionizing the tourism industry – and also disrupting how counties regulate and tax it. With a multitude of services from accommodations to transportation now booked online with everyday providers just trying to earn an extra buck, the way we tax and regulate the tourism industry must treat all providers equitably while also ensuring the safety of our residents. Join this session to learn more about the challenges, potential solutions, and county responsibilities in the sharing economy.
- Michael Coveyou, Chief, Division of Treasury, Montgomery County Department of Finance
- Amy Rohrer, President & CEO, MD Hotel and Lodging Association
- Brandon K. Hatton, Public Policy, Airbnb
Moderator: The Honorable Jason Buckel, Maryland House of Delegates
Date/Time: Friday, August 18, 2017; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm
MACo’s Summer Conference is August 16-19, 2017 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. Read more about this session and others in our registration brochure.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Brochure (with full schedule & session descriptions)
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Exhibitor Online Registration
- SPLASH DASH 5K (your county could win $5000 for charity)
- Tech Expo Brochure
- Tech Expo Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Brochure
- Golf Tournament Registration
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? email@example.com