- Experts speculate that personal forms of flying transportation, whether personal drones or flying cars, may become reality in as little as five years. Watch a live drone demonstration and learn about the many ways drones can assist county governments at MACo’s “Look! Up In the Sky! It’s a Bird! It’s a Plane! No – It’s a Drone!,” Wednesday, August 17, 2016; 12:00 PM – 1:15 PM.
- Did you know that the Federal Communications Commission may petition for an emergency stay to keep automakers from rolling out cars equipped with special vehicle-to-vehicle technology, citing cybersecurity concerns? While the federal government works on big-picture solutions, state and local government agencies are under tremendous pressure to secure critical data, infrastructure and services. Learn more at MACo’s “Cybersecurity on a Shoestring Budget,” Friday, August 19, 2016; 9:00 am- 10:30 am.
- Think affordable autonomous vehicles are a light year away? Think again. Honda already has a semi-autonomous Civic with advanced driver assistance systems available for as little as $20,000 total. Read here about how the mid-priced Civic shows just how quickly these once-high-end technologies are making their way to the average consumer. Then join us for MACo’s “Are We There Yet? Autonomous Vehicles and the Future of Transportation,” Friday, August 19, 2016; 2:15 pm – 3:15 pm.
The MACo summer conference will be held August 17-20, 2016 at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City Maryland. This year the conference’s theme is “Cyber Solutions: Counties in the Digital Age.”
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Registration Brochure – with full schedule and session descriptions
- Online Registration – ATTENDEES
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Online Registration – EXHIBITORS
- Sponsor Brochure
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? firstname.lastname@example.org