Measuring outcomes, harnessing “big data,” and creating open platforms can improve your citizens’ trust in, and support for, your county’s efforts. Counties leverage their best efforts to create open and accountable public services for their citizens.
The work of Prince George’s County’s CountyStat office will be featured, alongside insights from Kent County Commissioner William Pickrum and academic and private sector representatives.
As described by Prince George’s County Executive Rushern L. Baker III when launching the program,
CountyStat signals a new era of openness and accountability.
At this Summer’s MACo Conference, a special Saturday session will feature ways that large and small jurisdictions are conducting performance management, and chart the road ahead in this fast-moving field.
- Benjamin J. Birge, CountyStat Manager, Prince George’s County
- Ewan Simpson, Maryland Account Manager, Socrata
- Lauren Edwards, Assistant Professor, School of Public Policy, University of Maryland Baltimore County
- Participating Moderator: The Honorable William Pickrum, Commissioner, Kent County
- Date/Time: Saturday, August 20, 2016; 9:30 am – 11:00 am
- Place: Ocean City Convention Center
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference: