Public safety is an important local function and is typically one of the larger expenditures in a county’s budget. To learn more about the funding relationship between the county and the constitutional offices of sheriff, state’s attorney, and circuit court, attend the MACo Winter Conference session titled “Making Your Public Safety Budget Count.”
Description: At its best, public safety priorities come from a partnership of elected officials and independent public safety authorities. When that partnership doesn’t work, challenges are inevitable. This session will explore the funding relationship between the county and these independent bodies and offer suggestions for building a good working relationship.
- Ernie Crofoot, City Manager and City Attorney, Pocomoke City
- Ted Zaleski, Director, Department of Management and Budget, Carroll County
- Tim Cameron, Sheriff, St. Mary’s County
Date/Time: Thursday, December 10, 2015; 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Online Registration
- Online Hotel Reservations at the Hyatt
- Sponsor Brochure
- Exhibitor Brochure
- Conduit Street blog coverage
Questions? Contact Meetings & Events Director Virginia White.