During the MACo Winter Conference panel, Recreational ROI: Beyond Fun and Games, panelists will delve into the parks’ return on investments.
Parks provide more than just venues for recreation. They are the connective tissues of the community and help foster local culture and identity. Jurisdictions that invest in robust parks departments often have healthier residents, safer communities, cleaner environments, and high home values. Parks are a strategic asset of all communities, beyond more than just their recreational value.
- Title: Recreational ROI: Beyond Fun and Games
- Description: Investing in parks and recreation programming can be a powerful tool in any county’s economic development toolbox. Accessible playgrounds, educational activities, and healthy and safe ways to enjoy the outdoors are just some of the robust recreational offerings that can make the difference for residents when looking for a new home. This panel will delve into the parks’ return on investment, focusing on methodologies for measuring and communicating the tangible and intangible benefits…like increased property values, reduced healthcare costs, and better quality of life for residents.
- Steve Miller, Director of Recreation & Parks, Wicomico County
- Bob Smith, Director of Recreation & Parks, Baltimore County
- Adriane Clutter, Division Chief, Montgomery County Recreation
- Moderator: The Honorable Jason Gallion, Maryland Senate
- Date/Time: Wednesday, December 6, 2023; 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Eye of the Storm,” is scheduled for December 6-8, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD. More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos