MACo’s Winter Conference is only five weeks away, December 6-8, 2023, at the Hyatt in Cambridge, MD. Join more than 900 local government officials and decision-makers, legislators, state and federal officials, and commercial representatives for this can’t-miss policy-planning event heading into the 2024 Maryland General Assembly Session.
Back by popular demand, we have continued to add more content to Wednesday of MACo’s Winter Conference – you do not want to miss this!
(The lowest registration rates end November 3!)
1. OPENING ROUNDTABLE
Start the conference with a poignant discussion on housing:
Housing – What’s New What’s Next
(Wednesday, December 6, 2023; 10:45 AM – 11:45 AM)
2. AFFILIATE PANEL SESSIONS
We are offering TWO blocks of educational workshops on Wednesday afternoon. Do not miss these sessions:
1:30 PM – 2:30 PM:
- Cards on the Table: Bringing Data Centers to Maryland
- Juvenile Justice Pt 1: The Local Role
- Batten Down the Hatches: Mitigating a Changing Climate
- Recreational ROI: Beyond Fun and Games
3:00 PM – 4:00 PM:
- Leveraging Federal Infrastructure Funds: A Conversation with MDOT
- Environmental Rift: When Global Health Threats Become Local Concerns
- Steadfast in the Storm: Effective Crisis Communication for Counties
- Juvenile Justice, Pt 2: The Kids Aren’t All Right – Local Diversion Programs and Strategies
3. ACADEMY FOR EXCELLENCE
Three Academy for Excellence Core Courses are being offered during the conference: two on Wednesday: Public Information Act (Wednesday, 8:45 AM – 10:15 AM) and Basics of Risk Management (Wednesday, 10:30 AM – 12:00 PM) and one on Friday: Ethics (Friday, 8:00 AM – 9:30 AM). All registered participants can attend; only Academy Fellows receive Academy credit. Read more about these Academy courses.
4. AFFILIATE MEETINGS
MACo Affiliate Members (groups of county-appointed officials and professionals in various county service areas) meet throughout the conference for peer-to-peer discussions and networking. If you are a county employee working in one of the following fields, you should plan to attend on Wednesday!
- Maryland Association of County Health Officers (MACHO)
- County Communications and Public Information
- Emergency Management Affiliate
- Human Services Affiliate
- Information Technology Directors Affiliate
View the brochure for times. Please note: only county professionals in these fields are invited to attend these meetings.
Interested in sponsoring one of these meetings and talking directly to front-line county decision-makers? Contact Regina.
MACo’s Winter Conference hosts nearly 70 exhibiting companies. These vendors will present cost-saving products and services for all levels of government and the private sector.
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Eye of the Storm,” will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD, from December 6-8, 2023.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White