During the MACo Winter Conference panel, Housing – What’s New, What’s Next, DHCD & MD Planning Secretaries will discuss housing in Maryland and a peak at what’s ahead for the 2024 legislative session.
Housing is becoming one of the preeminent issues not only at the national level but also at the state and county levels. MACo has made housing a top four legislative priority for the 2024 legislative session, and it can be expected leaders in Annapolis will do the same. During this forum, county leaders will hear from the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development and the Secretary of the Maryland Department of Planning on what the state and counties can do to address the housing crisis.
- Title: Housing – What’s New, What’s Next
- Description: Affordable housing remains a top policy issue as communities grapple with both a shortage of housing and daunting market forces that make solutions even harder to pursue. Join us for this participant-driven session to hear how counties are handling this issue and share what has worked or is in the works in your county.
- Jake Day, Secretary, Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (invited)
- Rebecca Flora, Secretary, Maryland Department of Planning
- Moderator: The Honorable Vaughn Stewart, Maryland House of Delegates (invited)
- Date/Time: Wednesday, December 6, 2023; 10:45 am – 11:45 am
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Eye of the Storm,” is scheduled for December 6-8, 2023, at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD. More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos