The MACo Winter Conference panel, “Closing the Gap: Filling Vacancies, Fostering Workplace Cohesion,” will examine challenges in hiring and retaining talent in county government and best practices for workplace cohesion.
At the MACo Winter Conference session, “Closing the Gap: Filling Vacancies, Fostering Workplace Cohesion,” county and state leaders will examine challenges in hiring and retaining the next generation of county government public servants and how to foster workplace cohesion between the “old” and “new” generations.
Closing the Gap: Filling Vacancies, Fostering Workplace Cohesion
The fast-changing workforce dynamic feels even more tumultuous post-pandemic, with potential employees evaluating workplace options closely. Our public sector continues to struggle to recruit and retain employees – with an old formula of security and benefits sometimes proving to be insufficient to maintain staffing levels. This session will review best practices and innovative solutions for employee hiring and retention strategies, with a focus on ways to “close the gap” between the “old” generation of public servants and the “new” one.
- Dr. Memo Diriker, Director Emeritus, Business, Economic, & Community Outreach Network, Salisbury University
- The Honorable Eric Colvin, Commissioner, St. Mary’s County
- Alexis Blackwell, Director of Human Resources, Charles County
- Beverly Churchill, Director of Human Resources, Queen Anne’s County
- Moderator: The Honorable Marybeth Carozza, Maryland Senate
- Date/Time: Friday, December 8, 2023; 11:15 am – 12:15 pm
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White