The Maryland Department of Labor will hold a stakeholder engagement meeting on November 15 about the state’s paid leave benefit.
The Maryland Department of Labor’s FAMLI Division — tasked with implementing and guiding the statewide Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) law — invites stakeholders to participate in a November 15 meeting to hear updates and next steps for Maryland’s Family and Medical Leave Insurance (FAMLI) system.
The FAMLI Division is entering the last stages of the draft regulatory process before publishing formal regulations to guide the implementation and management of Maryland’s new paid leave benefit. The Department is required, by law, to publish final regulations by January 1, 2024.
- Wednesday, November 15, 1 pm- 2 pm
- Registration link
- Staff and systems updates
- Next steps for the informal regulatory engagement process
- Community Engagement Opportunities
- Question & Answer
At the MACo Winter Conference session, “Closing the Gap: Filling Vacancies, Fostering Workplace Cohesion,” county and state leaders will examine challenges in hiring and retaining the next generation of county government public servants and how to foster workplace cohesion between the “old” and “new” generations.
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Attendee Brochure (with full schedule)
- Exhibitor Details & Waitlist
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotel Details (SOLD OUT – waitlist info)
- Winter Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White