Seeing the Forest AND the Trees: Conversations About Forest Con delves into the recent update to Maryland’s forest conservation policies.
One of the best ways to protect the Chesapeake Bay and to ensure a healthy environment is through the conservation of Maryland’s forests. This past legislative session, the General Assembly passed the most comprehensive update to Maryland’s forest conservation policy in generations. Now it’s time to fully unpack what was included in this update and how it will impact counties moving forward.
Seeing the Forest AND the Trees: Conversations About Forest Con
Description: During the 2023 legislative session, the General Assembly passed the first major change to the Forest Conservation Act since its enactment in 1991. Since then, Maryland has undergone a generational change, seeing compounded growth in its central core and major development in some of its more rural regions. As a result, the 2023 update to the FCA will significantly impact where and how Maryland will grow next, with most of its implementation felt at the county level. Join leaders from government and academia to discuss the impetus for this latest update and what implementation will look like at the local level.
- Jenn Aiosa, Director of Government Affairs, Baltimore County
- Matt Stegman, Maryland Staff Attorney, Chesapeake Bay Foundation
- Joshua Kurtz, Secretary, Maryland Department of Natural Resources
- Christina Sorrento, Division Chief of Intake & Regulatory Coordination, Montgomery County Planning
Moderator: The Honorable Sarah Elfreth, Maryland Senate
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2023; 3:30 pm – 4:30 pm
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, on August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White