It’s more complicated than ever for public employers to attract and retain top talent – for counties, there’s an additional layer to this challenge.
Governments at all levels are challenged to hire and retain staff, tackling issues like multi-generational differences and hybrid working environments. Local governments face a unique obstacle as society reconsiders what public service is and what it means to be a public servant today.
NextGen Public Service: Recruiting and Retaining Tomorrow‘s Workforce
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference general session “NextGen Public Service: Recruiting and Retaining Tomorrow‘s Workforce” will examine the evolution of public service and best practices for recruiting and retaining the next generation.
- Paul Monteiro, Secretary, Maryland Department of Service and Civic Innovation (confirmed)
- Quinton Herbert, Baltimore City Human Resources Director (confirmed)
- Robert C. Orr, Dean, University of Maryland School of Public Policy (confirmed)
Moderator: The Honorable Senator Shelly Hettleman (confirmed)
Date/Time: Thursday, August 17, 2023; 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm
The 2023 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, on August 16-19. This year’s theme is “Where the Rubber Meets the Road.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2022 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White