The Governor’s Office of Crime Prevention, Youth, and Victim Services has announced the launch of the FY2024 Performance Incentive Grant Fund (PIGF) Notice of Funding Availability
The primary purpose of the PIGF is to reduce Maryland’s state and local incarcerated population through appropriate diversion, deflection, service provision and recidivism reduction resources.
The fund was established through savings generated from Maryland’s Justice Reinvestment Act (JRA) to provide for county-led innovations and state expansions of programming that was prioritized by Maryland’s Justice Reinvestment Coordinating Council (JRCC).
- Applications are due March 31st, 2023, at 11:59 PM via Grants Management System (GMS). Late submissions or extension requests will not be considered.
- The award period is July 1, 2023 through June 30, 2024 (12-month award period).
- Applicants can access a Technical Assistance (TA) overview with additional information regarding PIGF – view the PowerPoint document online.
- There will be a TA call on February 9th from 10:30 AM to 12:30 PM. Please use the following meeting link to join the call: google.com/bdr-qvcw-uub.
PIGF goals include:
- Reentry Programming and Services
- Behavioral Health Treatment, Resources, and Services
- Support for Victims and Restitution Enhancements
- Training and Education
- Safe Alternatives to Incarceration
- Pretrial Services and Programming
Please be sure to download and thoroughly read the Notice of Funding Availability and Application Instructions prior to submitting an application in GMS.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to Brandi Cahn (Assistant Director, Justice Reinvestment) at email@example.com, Carly Seidman (Justice Reinvestment Coordinator) at firstname.lastname@example.org, or Emily Archer (Program Manager) at email@example.com.