MACo’s Winter Conference (January 4-6 with Newly Elected Official Orientation on January 3) will be packed with information about how to prepare for the challenges and opportunities ahead for Maryland. We’re pushing the content right up until the last minute…see why Friday is just as “can’t miss” as Wednesday…
Here are two ways to end your Friday that will leave you thinking about next steps for your county:
The 2023 legislative session is right around the corner, and the General Assembly faces several major fiscal and policy issues in the year ahead. What’s in store for the 2023 legislative session? From fiscal outlooks to pending policy changes, this is your sneak peek at what’s next in Annapolis. Attendees will gain key insight into need-to-know issues and more.
- House and Senate Majority/Minority Leadership
- Eric Luedtke, Chief Legislative Affairs Officer, Governor-Elect Wes Moore
Moderator: The Honorable Calvin Ball, County Executive, Howard County
2. Closing Session: Deep in the Weeds – Cannabis Implementation in Maryland
With the legalization of adult-use cannabis passed on the ballot, thinking about implementation as Maryland heads into the 2023 General Assembly Session. Issues like county opt-outs, revenue structures, planning and zoning, and even human resources implications are top-of-mind for county officials. This panel delves into what can be expected in the upcoming implementation discussion.
- Will Tilburg, Executive Director, MMCC
- Chris Trumbauer, Chief Policy Advisor to the County Executive and Budget Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Susan Banks, Director of Economic Development – Dorchester County; MEDA Foundation Board of Directors
Moderator/Speaker: The Honorable Reuben Collins II, Commissioner President, Charles County
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference: