On Friday morning of MACo’s Winter Conference, be sure to attend our panel on cannabis implementation.
Cannabis implementation is set to be one of the biggest topics heading into the 2023 legislative session. With implementation comes a series of still unanswered questions and policy options. As Maryland is set to be one of the first twenty-five states to allow for recreational use, policymakers and stakeholders are still debating what implementation should look like.
Title: Deep in the Weeds – Cannabis Implementation in Maryland
Description: With the legalization of adult-use cannabis passed on the ballot, thinking about implementation as Maryland heads into the 2023 General Assembly Session. Issues like county opt-outs, revenue structures, planning and zoning, and even human resources implications are top-of-mind for county officials. This panel delves into what can be expected in the upcoming implementation discussion.
- Will Tilburg, Executive Director, MMCC
- Chris Trumbauer, Chief Policy Advisor to the County Executive and Budget Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Susan Banks, Director of Economic Development – Dorchester County; MEDA Foundation Board of Directors
Moderator/Speaker: The Honorable Reuben Collins II, Commissioner President, Charles County
Date/Time: Friday, January 6, 2023; 11:15 am – 12:15 pm
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Registration Rates
- Exhibitor Details (SOLD OUT)
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotels(SOLD OUT – join the waitlist)
- See what it’s like – photos of the last Winter Conference
- #MACoCon details on Twitter
- Conference coverage and updates on MACo’s blog
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org