Counties are key figures in the funding and operations of Maryland schools, working closely with local and state partners to provide quality education.
At the MACo Winter Conference session, “Public Education 101: Key Partners for Success,” an expert panel will discuss how county officials can work with local and state partners to fund and manage public education. Speakers include representatives of key partnerships, and the discussion will highlight strategies and best practices to communicating and working together.
Public Education 101: Key Partners for Success
Managing relationships − and sometimes competing priorities − with the multitude of stakeholders in education can be overwhelming. Learn who the major stakeholders are and best practices to successfully collaborate with them. Speakers will explore the role of local government in supporting public education, especially as the state embarks on the implementation of the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future.
- Ike Leggett, Chair, Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board
- Cassandra Viscarra, Deputy Director for Administration, Interagency Commission on School Construction
- Patty Saelens, Superintendent, Queen Anne’s Count
- Moderator: The Honorable Alonzo Washington, Maryland House of Delegates (invited)
- Date/Time: Friday, January 6, 2023; 8:30 AM – 9:30 AM
At MACo’s Winter Conference, we will hear from local and state partners on how county elected officials can best leverage key partnerships for the successful administration and funding of schools.
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Registration Rates
- Exhibitor Details (SOLD OUT)
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotels (SOLD OUT – join the waitlist)
- See what it’s like – photos of the last Winter Conference
- #MACoCon details on Twitter
- Conference coverage and updates on MACo’s blog
- Questions? Contact email@example.com