County governments have a particularly challenging and complex role as major employers in adjusting to evolving considerations of the modern workplace.
At MACo’s Winter Conference session, “Calling HR: The Evolving Complexities of the Workplace,” participants will hear form a panel of human resource and legal experts about new and emerging considerations of the modern workplace and how to best prepare to address them.
Calling HR: The Evolving Complexities of the Workplace
New policies, judicial decisions, and the evolving workplace increasingly complicate human resources operations. Issues like concealed weapons in the workplace, public meeting requirements and information requests, and the pending legalization of adult-use recreational cannabis can cause headaches for even the most experienced county HR professionals. In this session, industry experts will share best practices and legal considerations for acclimating to the “new normal.”
- Tiffany Stephens, Director of Human Resources, Harford County
- David Johnson, Public Sector Practice Leader, Bolton USA
- Matt Peter, Senior Attorney, LGIT
- Moderator: The Honorable Kris Valderamma (invited)
- Date/Time: Thursday, January 5, 2023; 1:30 pm – 2:30 pm
MACo’s Winter Conference, “Hit the Ground Running,” will be held at the Hyatt Regency Chesapeake Bay Hotel in Cambridge, MD from January 4-6, 2023 (with a pre-conference orientation for new county officials on January 3).
Learn more about MACo’s Winter Conference:
- Registration Brochure
- Registration Rates
- Exhibitor Details (SOLD OUT)
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Hotels (SOLD OUT – join the waitlist)
- See what it’s like – photos of the last Winter Conference
- #MACoCon details on Twitter
- Conference coverage and updates on MACo’s blog
- Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org