On Thursday, July 21st, Baltimore City issued a Request for Applications (RFA) for Baltimore community-based organizations to receive American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funds to conduct trauma-informed care training for residents, city agencies, and other organizations.
The City is offering $510,000 in reimbursable grants over a two-year period through the Mayor’s Office of Neighborhood Safety and Engagement (MONSE). Baltimore City regularly provides trauma-informed care training as a part of the Elijah Cummings Healing City Act. The current round of training is anticipated to begin in early 2023.
MONSE Director Shantay Jackson discussed the purpose of the training in a press release:
‘MONSE is proud to partner with Healing City Baltimore and the Trauma Informed Care Task Force to promote healing and train residents in best practices for relationship building, de-escalation, conflict mediation, and unpacking trauma,’ said Director Jackson. ‘We will continue to be a resource for our community-based organizations as they help us carry out this crucial work for our city.’
As mentioned above, applicant eligibility depends on the following qualifications:
- The organization is a 501(c)(3) public charity and not a private foundation under 509(a)(1), (2), (3), or (4) or has a relationship with a fiscal sponsor that meets this definition.
- The primary applicant has a physical office within Baltimore city limits.
- The organization has evidence of substantial experience in providing training and technical assistance to community members with a special focus on addressing trauma and healing.
Interested organizations must apply no later than August 17, 2022, through MONSE’s Grant Application Portal. For additional questions regarding Baltimore City’s RFA, contact email@example.com.
During the 2022 MACo Summer Conference session “Health and Technology: The Future of Healthcare,” state representatives will discuss the MD THINK platform and its ability to improve service delivery to Marylanders in need, including individuals suffering from trauma and substance use disorders.
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White