Across Maryland, numerous small businesses faced near-certain collapse due to the havoc caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.
County governments were charged by the state and federal governments, as well as their constituents, with finding innovative and impactful means to get assistance to businesses most in need.
Pandemic Partnerships: Rebuilding Small Businesses
Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, small business operations have suffered immensely whether through reduced consumer demand or intense emergency-related regulatory requirements. Counties have been charged with mitigating these impacts, some through rapidly designing, funding, and implementing or augmenting small business grant and incentive programs. Join county leaders as they discuss the range of small business incentives currently being offered and what might be available in the near future.
- Steuart Pittman, County Executive, Anne Arundel County
- Susan Grimes, Director, Washington County Department of Business Development (invited)
- Laurie Boyer, Director of Economic Development, Montgomery County Economic Development Corporation
Moderator: The Honorable Delegate Jeff Ghrist
The 2022 MACo Summer Conference will be held at the Roland Powell Convention Center in Ocean City, MD, from August 17-22. This year’s theme is “Taking Care of Business.” More information can be found on our conference website.
Learn more about MACo’s Summer Conference:
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White