The Infrastructure Investments and Jobs Act (IIJA) is an unprecedented investment in the nation’s infrastructure, including all modes of transportation, water, power, broadband, cybersecurity, energy, environmental remediation, resilience, and more.
At the MACo Summer Conference, an expert panel will lay out the next steps for county leaders to unlock the benefits from these historic investments and deliver on essential projects underpinning our economic success and enhancing the quality of life across Maryland.
Foundation of the Future: Infrastructure, Large and Small
The nation is preparing for an unprecedented investment in traditional and next-generation infrastructure like roads and bridges, climate resiliency, rail, broadband access, cybersecurity, and clean water. The Bipartisan Infrastructure Law allocated funding to over 350 distinct programs across more than a dozen federal departments and agencies. With Maryland set to receive billions over the next five years, close coordination with state, federal, and private sector partners is fundamental for successfully delivering these programs. In this session, attendees will learn how to navigate the process ahead, including developing and communicating local priorities, funding opportunities, key timelines, and more.
- U.S. Senator Chris Van Hollen
- Allison Mayer, Deputy Chief of Staff, Office of the Governor; Chair, Governor’s Subcabinet on Infrastructure
- Chris Trumbauer, Budget Officer, Anne Arundel County
- Mark Ritacco, Chief Government Affairs Officer, National Association of Counties
Date/Time: Thursday, August 18, 2022; 12:45 pm – 1:45 pm
- Attendee Registration Pricing
- Attendee Online Registration
- Exhibitor Details & Pricing
- Exhibitor Registration
- Sponsorship Opportunities
- Tech Expo Details
- Golf Tournament Details
- Discounted Hotel Room Rates
- 2021 Conference Photos
- Conduit Street Blog Coverage
- #MACoCon on Twitter
- Questions? Contact Virginia White