On May 19th, the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development will open an application portal for six programs supporting local housing, community and economic development, and other revitalization projects.
Grants are intended to assist local governments and nonprofits, and run through the following programs:
- Community Legacy
- Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide
- Strategic Demolition Fund – Project C.O.R.E. (Creating Opportunities for Renewal and Enterprise)
- Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative
- National Capital Strategic Economic Development Fund
- Seed Community Development Anchor Institution Fund
Proposed projects should help achieve the strategies outlined in a local government’s Sustainable Communities Plan. All Sustainable Community plans can be found at https://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/dn/communities.aspx
Applications are due Wednesday, July 13, 2022, at 3 p.m. First-time applicants should contact a regional project manager for more information and to determine eligibility.