Maryland’s Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board announced Tuesday that it hired Rachel Hise, the Department of Legislative Services (DLS) policy analyst behind the Blueprint, as the board’s new executive director.
The Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board (AIB) is tasked with overseeing the implementation of Maryland’s major education policy reform initiative known as the Blueprint for Maryland’s Future. Hise was the lead staff analyst to the Commission on Innovation and Excellence, better known as the Kirwan Commission, whose policy recommendations set the foundation of the Blueprint.
Maryland Matters outlined HIse’s expertise in public education:
Hise, a long-time policy analyst with the Department of Legislative Services, was the lead staffer to the Commission on Innovation and Excellence, known as the Kirwan Commission, whose policy recommendations make up the foundation of the reform plan.
Hise, who has worked as a policy analyst for the last three decades, has also served as the main staffer to other education reform study groups, including the Task Force to Study College Readiness for Disadvantaged and Capable Students and the 21st Century Public School Facilities Commission.
Stay tuned to Conduit Street for future coverage of the AIB as it ramps up its work.
Prior Conduit Street coverage on the AIB:
- Blueprint Accountability Board Holds Second Meeting
- Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board Meets for the First Time
- Hogan Meets Deadline, Selects AIB Members, Despite Concerns Over Diversity
- Committee Declines to Revisit Blueprint Accountability Nominations
- Gov. Hogan Seeks New, Diverse Applicants for Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board
- Nominations Open for Blueprint Accountability and Implementation Board