Want to be a part of advocacy efforts on the national level? Apply today to be considered for a leadership or committee appointment on a steering, standing or ad hoc committee for the 2021–2022 presidential year.
There are two ways to participate:
1. APPLY THROUGH THE NACo PRESIDENT APPOINTMENT PROCESS
The NACo president makes certain appointments after review of member applications.
To be considered for a presidential appointment to any of the following committees or as an at-large director for the NACo Board of Directors, you MUST complete the application online by 11:59 p.m. EDT on June 11, 2021:
- Policy Steering Committee and subcommittee chairs and vice chairs
- Large Urban County Caucus and Rural Action Caucus chairs, vice chairs, and members
- Standing Committee chairs, vice chairs, and members
- Ad Hoc Committee, Task Force and Advisory Board chairs, vice chairs, and members
- At-Large NACo Board Directors
Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
2. APPLY FOR A STEERING COMMITTEE MEMBER POSITION THROUGH MACo
MACo – the Maryland Association of Counties – is responsible for nominating general policy steering committee members from our state. To become a member of a steering committee you must fill out the nomination form and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply for a leadership position on a steering committee, please see the Presidential Appointment process above.