The National Association of Counties (NACo) and Nationwide are accepting scholarship applications from high school seniors, through May 31. Apply today!
The NACo-Nationwide Scholarship is one of the many benefits available as a result of four decades of partnership between Nationwide and the National Association of Counties (NACo) and its member counties. Nationwide will award four college scholarships – each worth $2,500 – to four high school seniors whose parents, grandparents or legal guardians participate in a NACo Deferred Compensation 457 plan.
- The applicant’s parent, grandparent or legal guardian must be enrolled in and have a current employee funded 457(b) Plan offered through the NACo Deferred Compensation Program.
- Applicants must enroll in a full-time undergraduate course of study no later than the autumn term of the 2021–2022 school year or at an accredited Trade School or two or four-year college.
- Immediate family members of NACo employees, members of the NACo Defined Contribution and Retirement Advisory Committee or its governing board of directors, staff of individual state Association of Counties that are members of the LLC and Nationwide employees are not eligible to apply; this program is not offered outside the United States.
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application by May 31, 2021
- Write an essay (500 words or fewer) that answers the following question:
The pandemic has changed the way we interact and engage with each other on a daily basis. As it relates to our Counties and Jurisdictions in America, it has accelerated planned initiatives to explore various mediums of access to reach current and future customers. Due to this new reality, what are 3 creative and strategic ways that you would recommend in preparing and securing financial wellness in this new digital world? Please incorporate technology options as well as forms of education and access into your response.
Scholarship recipients will be notified in July 2021.
Not sure if you are enrolled in the NACo Deferred Compensation Program? Contact David Belnick at firstname.lastname@example.org or 410-790-5440, or contact your Nationwide representative at 1-877-677-3678 for more information.