During NACo’s regional meeting this week, Northeastern leaders discussed the potential role for counties in promoting poverty reduction – mainly in promoting more residents to file a tax return to become fully eligible for the new refundable tax credit.
- How the American Rescue Plan Will Cut Child Poverty in Half in 2021 – Rachel Mackey email@example.com
- Find NACo’s full analysis of the American Rescue Plan Act here and an interactive tool breaking down funding streams here
- The most important ARP provision for reducing child poverty is the expanded Child Tax Credit
- View this NACo webinar outlining communication and outreach strategies for county leaders to ensure vulnerable families file for the credit
- NACo is tracking COVID-19 funding and flexibilities for human services and education with a regularly updated toolkit
- Families must file a 2020 tax return to receive the expanded credit this year
Ms. Mackey’s presentation, Child Poverty ARP_NE Region, is available on MACo’s website.