St. Mary’s County Library recently announced the launch of a mobile app that allows residents to search the collection, place holds, and manage their Library account from a mobile device.
The new app, available for both iOS and Android, also includes a self-checkout function where individuals will be able to use a mobile device to check out materials as they browse the collection, which will decrease touch points within the Library.
Sara Stephenson, Virtual Services Coordinator, said “We are excited to launch the app as a way for our customers to take the Library on the go. Almost one quarter of visits to the Library’s website in the last year were from a mobile device. We want to provide Library services in ways that are accessible for our customers, and this app is another step toward that goal.”
The app, funded through CARES funding, includes the following features:
- The ability to save your Library card in the app so you don’t need to bring your physical card to the Library.
- A searchable collection, with the ability to place holds and manage “My Account”
- Physical and digital titles available in searches and “My Account”
- Nearest libraries feature – find directions and contact information for the nearest Library
- Self-checkout of materials
- Learn about upcoming events at the Library
- Scan an ISBN barcode to see if the Library has a copy of an item
Stay tuned to Conduit Street for more information.