The US Department of the Treasury, overseeing the use and distribution of federal CARES funds for pandemic relief, has issued a new set of guidelines for allowable uses of these funds, as the “use-by” deadline of December 30 approaches
The updated guidance includes the following:
- Clarification on using CRF dollars for public university student refunds (tuition, room and board, meal plans, etc.)
- Clarification on using CRF dollars for real property acquisition and improvements and to purchase equipment (i.e. vehicles) to address COVID-19 impacts
- Clarification on whether small businesses can receive CRF dollars if that business has already received aid from PPP or EIDL grants or loans due to COVID-19
- Revisions on counties using CRF dollars towards the non-federal matching requirements under the Stafford Act
- Revisions on counties using CRF dollars associated with the safe reopening of schools
For more information on advocacy by NACo and other groups supporting extended coronavirus relief efforts, visit the NACo resource page.